There is a newer version of Anarchy Rhythms, including Mac version!
AnarchyRhythms 2.5 is an updated version programmed by Gatis Ozols, supported and tested by Andrejs Eigus, and released as freeware under GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) with permission granted by Anarchy Sound Software.
Click here to redirect to the new version!
(note – all the rest of the info on this page still refers to the old version. Use the link above to get the new version!
AnarchyRhythms is a hybrid between an effect and a drum machine.
It takes an audio input and applies a user-controlled matrix of amplitude modulation, bandpass filtering, feedback loops, internal oscillation and compression.
It allows you to compose rhythmic patterns from the sonic timbre of the input.
AnarchyRhythms uses the vst 2.0 standard, and is windows-only.
Click here to download the installer
(please use the serial number “593F-9DC3-45CE-480E”)
Click here to download the source code
- Pattern editor for composition of rhythmic patterns
- Mixer to control parameters for each sound
- Edit pane to specify envelopes for the parameters
- Collection of preset patterns and sounds
- Parameter automation using MIDI controllers or VST automation
- VST Time Information to synchronise with host sequencers
- Supports non-4/4 time signatures
- Context-sensitive help system
New Features (added in version 2)
- Multiple Patterns, with automatable switching between patterns. Specify 32 patterns within each patch, to program evolving rhythms.
- Analog Shuffle. Adds a swing to AnarchyRhythms patterns. You can set any extent of shuffle from straight time to highly swung.
- Comb Filter on each sound channel. This is set to the frequency of the pitch control and envelope, and typically brings out tuned humming tones with sonic qualities related to the input.
- Standalone version of AnarchyRhythms.
Instead of running through a VST host, this streams sound straight from your soundcard, through AnarchyRhythms, and back out your soundcard. Its parameters can be controlled with MIDI. It is shipped together with the vst version.